For situations where remote access to the MySQL database is required for a variety of reasons, the feature may be temporarily or permanently activated from the Hostico client account.
- An active hosting package
- An IP address
After logging in to the client interface, go to the Services section of the menu displayed on the left side of the page.
Later, we will go to the service to which we want to add the MySQL remote access permission.
In the open page, navigate to the Actions section, then click on Remote MySQL.
The open window will contain two fields:
- Connection IPv4 - The IP address you want to add
- Hours - IP retention time as an exception
The two fields will be filled in, after which we confirm the addition by accessing the "Add" button.
If the action was successful, we will be greeted with the following message "Exception added."
For situations where we want to permanently add an IP, you will access the Remote MySQL button again and then click on the text Permanent.
If you want to remove the IP address sooner than the previously set time, the Delete button will perform this function.
- There can be two IPs added at the same time to a hosting package.
- Temporary addition can be set for a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 24 hours, with the option to cancel the procedure if necessary.
- When you opt for permanent add-on, a support ticket will be opened in your customer account, and your request will be confirmed by Hostico Support.
- To add an IP to the permanent list, the reason for the request must be well-founded.
- At this time, remote MySQL IP from the client account is only allowed for shared packets, so if you want to add on a VPS, you'll need to contact Hostico support team